... JUST A SIMPLE GIRL...
...WAITING TO LIVE HER DREAM...

Friday 7 May 2010

Can You Keep A Secret?





Can you? Now don’t get all excited and think that I am going to spill my deep dark secrets to you officially through a blog! I am not that crazy (hopefully). And it’s not that I have such huge deep dark secrets that I cannot tell anyone. At times, secrets should be kept as secrets. Like the secret about George Bush planning to bomb the White House to kill Barack Obama. I would tell about that to no one ever! Some things…they just have to be kept as a secret.

Now what I am talking about here is the book ‘Can You Keep A Secret?’ written by Sophie Kinsella. She is also the proud author of the shopaholic series. (Visit www.sophiekinsella.co.uk for more info). My sis bought the book from Magrudys boom store as she was fascinated by the author’s other bestselling books.


The story is mainly based on a lady called Emma who has a lot of secrets- secrets from her mother, boyfriend, best friend, flat mate…you get the flow. When I say secrets, I am talking about the day to day secrets that are either too small or too private or something like that to share. When one day she travels through a flight and turbulence hits, she suddenly feels like she is going to die. And out of fear and horror, she spills ALL the secrets she ever had to a stranger sitting next to her…a person who she THINKS is a stranger. And as usual, it turns out he is not a stranger after all.

The book was more than fascinating and awesome. The way the author has portrayed the scenes is magnificent! Throughout the book, I grew attached to the walks and ways of Emma. It is a sure read and a guaranteed fun! Won’t let you keep the book down until it’s over.



No comments:

Post a Comment