... JUST A SIMPLE GIRL...
...WAITING TO LIVE HER DREAM...

Friday 23 April 2010

READING...I CRIED!




I am an avid reader. If you are planning to ask me how many books i have read till now...my answer would be, "i don't know!". I have read loads and loads of books. Most of it were interesting while about a handful of them were boring. Some have made me laugh loudly while some have made me sad. But till todate...there has only been one book that i grew so attatched to that i cried like a child. My heart grew heavy reading it and i found it hard to breath. such happening are usually rare in my life! Apparently, this was the first time it happened by reading a book. The special book i am talking about is
A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS- Khaled Hossaini.

Reading about Mariam's fate, i cried.

Seeing how Laila lost everything, i cried.

And the thought of being in their position made me cry.

I wickedly smiled at the fate of Rashid.

Smiled at the thought of Laila and Tariq together.

And ultimately, fell in love with Tariq though he has a small role to play in the whole story.

I secretly wished Tariq would come to life so that he could be mine. And i grew jealous of Laila on how fortunate she was to have tariq to herself.

The last line of the book is what appealed the most to me. If it is a girl, I've already named her. made me wonder how a line as such was born in the writer's mind. and i hoped that one day....one day i'll also write great books as such....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment