... JUST A SIMPLE GIRL...
...WAITING TO LIVE HER DREAM...

Wednesday 26 May 2010

THE KITE RUNNER






After reading Thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hussaini, I had an urge to read more of his books. That book touched deep in my heart and I knew his other books would do the same. After days of search, I finally borrowed The kite runner, Khaled Hussaini’s first book from my friend, Rochelle. And here is my opinion about the book.


It was a great book and yet not as good as Thousand splendid suns. At least that is what I thought. Sure kite runner had a lot of emotions (only emotions actually) and some good moments (very very few really). But it didn’t have the effect on me that I heard was on my other friends. It is the story of two friends, Amir and Hussain, mainly Amir. About how Amir’s life is filled with guilt. The book made me a keen reader and it had every aspect related to life. But now I kind of wish I hadn’t read it before. Don’t ask me why. Maybe because the book was so sad that I had a heavy heart for the rest of my week. Thankfully it has become light now. But the thought, the pain, it still lingers, its wondrous how much a book can make you feel and think.


Q. SHOULD I READ THIS BOOK?

I say yes and it is a sure read. But if you are an emotional person with a soft heart and cannot take in heavy grief, I’d rather say you stay away from it.


Q. IS THIS BOOK WORTH READING?

My answer again would be yes because the book is written in a unique manner where every scene can be visualized by the reader. Putting it in right words, it is a reader friendly book. You might take some time to take the story and grief out of your head, but I say, it’s worth it.





SO WOULD YOU READ IT…OR WOULD YOU NOT?







No comments:

Post a Comment