... JUST A SIMPLE GIRL...
...WAITING TO LIVE HER DREAM...

Saturday 1 May 2010

A MOTHER'S DEATH!


When we lose something that is precious to us, we are left with a feeling of sadness. Whether it is a precious friend or even a treasured object, the loss can be hard to bear. It is as if a part of you has gone missing. Throughout our life we amass collections of friends and treasured possessions. Having close relationships help us feel as if we are not alone in the world. When we lose someone or something that is precious to us, we may realize that there is a certain aloneness that can never be filled. Ultimately the condition of life is one of being alone before God.

I wrote this poem when I was 13. Of all the poems I have ever written, this is the one I love the most. The thought of losing her made me write this poem. I just wish no one will ever leave or lie to their mother....ever.....because you have only one mother in your life time.


Today My Mother Died

© Sania Harris

Today my mother died
Silently without a sign
No inkling about her sadness
Even though we filled her with madness
Never being a burden for us
Instead giving us all a bless

Today my mother died
The one to whom I always lied
Screaming at her for her calmness
Creating all kind of fuss
Not thinking about her loneliness
Putting her in deep distress

Today my mother died
Thinking about her fate, I sighed
The times I went away
The times I never looked back
The pains she felt astray
The pains she felt setback

Today my mother died
I recalled her past and cried


Source: Today My Mother Died, Mother Poems http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/family/poetry.asp?poem=20000#ixzz0mhuySerp

No comments:

Post a Comment