... JUST A SIMPLE GIRL...
...WAITING TO LIVE HER DREAM...

Sunday 25 April 2010

When she called!


The time was somewhat 2 in the afternoon. It was Friday and I was watching TV as usual. I always kept my homework for Saturday night when the rush set it. Till then, I laze off in the happy hours. The phone rang and I ran to pick it up. This was usual in my house. When the door bell rings or the phone rings, I and my sister run to pick it up. Not probably because we were expecting a call or someone to come…but just like that.

At first, it wasn’t clear on who was at the other end of the phone. And then I realized that it was Sofia, my best friend forever. She had gone to India a few years back and I hadn’t seen her since. We used to call each other on particular occasions such as birthdays and Eid. She always used to say that she was coming back for a visit. But every time she said that, I knew it wasn’t true. Her birthday was coming up, in fact it falls tomorrow, on the 26th of April. I wondered why she would be calling me when I was actually the one who had to call her. That too tomorrow! And then I knew why she had called and I leaped with joy. Her tickets were booked and she was coming to
Abu Dhabi for a one month vacation. The students in India had summer vacation at this time of the year while students here had summer vacation during July-August. At first I didn’t actually believe what she said. But then, when she said it again, I knew this time she was saying it right. There are no words to express how much I am waiting to see her. She is coming here on her birthday; tomorrow! The happiness of meeting an old pal is just too hard to describe. Words are too mere to be used. And so I am too poor to explain them! I am waiting…to finally meet her after all these years…to share experiences, love, grief and more love…. After all, that is what friendship is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment